Friday, August 08, 2008

Crap! Where've I Been?!?

So yeah... I've been away for a month. Where'd the time go?

I'd like to say that I've been gone because I've been off on a secret mission for the CIA, or something cool like that. But, alas, it's been much more mundane than all that.

Let's see... I've been working, working, working; and I've had no time to post up here. Truth be told, things are tight with the economy and Dr. Z's had to get himself a second job. So, when I'm not working for the man as a corporate drone during the week... I'm working double shifts on the weekends at our local hospital.

That's right, Doctor Z's a security guard. I've got a uniform, with a badge, a radio, and some keys...

It's not as glamorous as mall security, but it's got it's excitement.

I get to babysit psych patients, manhandle Saturday night drunks, roust the homeless from the hospital chapel, and... here's the best part.. I get to carry, check in, and check out bodies from the morgue.

That's right, folks. I somehow always end up with the dead bodies. It's the burden of being Doctor Zombie I guess.

So that's part of the reason I haven't been posting as much. The other's just plain laziness.

So... just some quick thoughts off the top of my head....

Movies: I haven't seen half of the movies I wanted to see because I've been so busy with work. No X-Files, no Hellboy. I did see Dark Knight and it was every bit as good as I'd heard. "Wanna see a magic trick?" is my new favorite quote! I've also been doing the dollar movies thing lately becauxse it's cheaper, but every flick I've seen I've taken WolfGirl or Zombie Boy to see... so I've seen Speed Racer, Prince Caspian, and Iron Man (for the second time). If there's anything I lament about my new, busy work life; it's my inability to see good quality movies. I did get a copy of Romero's Diary of the Dead finally. I'll be posting a review of it soon...

What else? Hmmm... Oh yeah! A friend at work loaned me Seasons One and Two of the Venture Bros. My god! This is the greatest cartoon of all time!!! If you haven't seen it yet, please please please check it out. You won't regret it...

Finally, last night was the first pre-season game for my beloved Clevleand Browns. Yeah... it sucked. Our first team came out and kicked ass and took names. Brady Quinn did a good job besides throwing an interception, and even recovered from that to march the ball down field for a TD. (I'm still not convinced that Quinn is the god-like figure many here in Cleveland paint him to be. Derek Anderson is a hell of a quarterback and his showing last season has earned him the first position... no matter how many whinge that Quinn is like Brian Sipe incarnated.) What else did I want to say about the Browns? Let's see, the second half sucked ass and if Ken Dorsey NEVER plays again, I'll be happy. He threw 15 incomplete passes - IN A ROW. Eight of those were to receivers in the damned end zone. Grrrrr... Oh well, it's preseason, and the first stringers looked good. This is the year... I can feel it...

Anyway, gotta go. I'll post more next week, I promise...

2 comments:

pchak said...

Good to see you're back!

I understand the economy thing-I may start doing some freelance software stuff in addition to the regular gig.

Since Shel's mom had a hip replacement (sorry, they wouldn't let us keep the extra parts ;-), babysitting is even tighter, and when we get one, we usually don't squander them on movies. I just have to wait for dvd/ppv.

I agree w/ya-the Brown's looked pretty good, all things considered. It's just a controlled scrim, so score doesn't matter. I also am not a Quinn worshipper-I wish these nudiks who worship him would shut up already. He's not a "hometown boy" for crisake-the Browns don't play in C-bus.

DA earned the position, and let him screw up before letting the other guy come in.

As for Ken Dorsey “Those who can’t do, teach.”

peace.

Randal Graves said...

I'm glad pchak mentioned the old standby that Ken Dorsey will make a fine coach someday. "Son, this is how you throw an incompletion."

I think Quinn can be good, but then again, I can say that about any QB who's thrown a grand total of 8 real NFL passes. If Anderson learns to throw the ball away and not imitate Favre circa 2005, then we can definitely take the division.

Sorry to hear about the second job in this shit economy but just think, you're in a hell of a place to target practice if there's ever a zombie apocalypse!