Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wasting TIme...

So I found a couple quick links that will undoubtedly impact your work productivity negatively.

Believe me, they did for me...

The first is the wonder that is the Marvel Superhero generator. You can use this awesome little tool to make yourself into the Marvel Superhero you've always dreamed of being. My only question is - where the hell was this when I was playing the Villains and Vigilantes RPG's back in high school and college!?!?

Next we have this awesome bit of Internet wizardry. If you'll remember, a few months back, someone got a copy of David Lee Roth's audio tracks from the Running With The Devil recording session. They posted it on the internet and every radio dj and blogger was commenting on it. Many lambasted it and made fun of it, but I loved it. I'm biased, because I'm an old school David Lee Roth fan. I love him for his talent, his voice, his hubris, his planet-sized ego, and his unwillingness to accept that it's been over 25 years since women under the age of 40 find him hot. Anyway, someone took those recordings, cut them up, and put them into a soundboard. Enjoy!

By the way, take Dr. Zombie's advice here: I would not recommend that you call your wife's work and use the soundboard to leave 12 -15 Diamond Dave messages over a 4 or so hour period. Apparently, wives hate that. So much so, that she'll wait until you fall asleep and then mercilessly beat you with a piece of soap in a sock, just like Pvt. Joker beat Pvt. Pile in Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket.

On a related note, I'm healing nicely thank you. The soap-shaped stomach bruises are starting to finally fade...

4 comments:

Mojito Libre said...

Thanks. Thanks a lot! I now wasted 20 or so minutes creating the superhero version of me.

Phronk said...

These are both pretty awesome. The superhero one reminds me of creating characters for the PC game City of Heroes.

Dr. Zombie said...

I loved the generator... I just wish it was more robust and had more options. Unfortunately it was built for kids - but it could be so much cooler.

Glad you guys enjoyed...

Mojito Libre said...

I was able to get a pretty close rendering of myself. My wife just hung her head in shame, but I was happy...