Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Winter in Cleveland

So I spent last week in Tampa for work. Although it was colder than normal (mid 60's), it was still absolutely gorgeous.


I worked all last week and then, on Friday, Mrs. Zombie flew down and we spent the weekend - just the two of us - enjoying some quality time without dealing with dumb dogs, cleaning the house, arguing kids, or any of the other bazillion distractions normal life has in store for us.


The sad part is that, yesterday morning, I was here...




I woke up this morning to....




I'd never move to Florida as I enjoy the change of seasons Cleveland has... but Jesus Titty Fucking Christ is it hard to love Cleveland when it's 15 degrees and there's a foot and a- goddamn-half of snow!!!
P.S. Check out the effective use of the snow trench for the garbage can. Normally, we cut a hole in the tree lawn for the mailman, so he doesn't have to walk around, but it also serves as a place for the garbage cans. I think about all of the native Floridian's I spoke to last week and have to laugh because they'll never experience the joys of sub-freezing temperatures and stupid amounts of snow. Too bad for them...

3 comments:

Jen said...

yo homeboy! do you still have the xmas decorations up?

(if it was halloween decorations i wouldn't bust your chops!)

Spin the Moon said...

It gets bad down here in Columbus, but Cleveland has that lake to amplify everything. The one winter I lived there was really mild, thankfully.

Wow. glittergirl has mad obvervation skills!

Erin O'Brien said...

When we're in the belly of winter, I just try to have more sex, even if I'm alone.