Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Carnage and Viral Internet Zombies

Some quick links I wanted to throw up...



The first is the trailer for the new Punisher movie, Punisher: War Zone. Holy Mary, mother of God!!!! Does this look awesome?!? If you go to the link, you'll need to enter your birthday because the video is the Red Card trailer. (Red Card Trailers are rated R/Restricted trailers). This movie looks unbelievably violent. The Red Card trailer gave me a serious action movie and gore chubby. Seriously, The Little Zombie is all a-twitter!!!! Once you watch the carnage of the Red Card, wait and don't click anything. They have the theatrical trailer afterwards. Ab-so-lute-ly fan-fucking-tastic!

Some thoughts on the new Punisher... I loved the first one. In my opinion it was one of the better Marvel adaptations; in line with Spiderman and the X-Men. And I really, really liked Thomas Jane as Frank Castle. (I have a special love for the first movie because it took place in Tampa in the Ybor City district. When I lived in Treasure Island, Florida, I was a regular at this awesome little Cuban party place). Anyway, Ray Stevenson as the new Punisher... I'm not sure how it'll work. I like Ray Stevenson. His character from Rome,Titus Pullo, was my favorite character. But he's some pretty big shoes to fill. The trailers above go a long way towards making me all right with him in the role. Time will tell.



Bloody Disgusting has another Red Card Trailer for the new zombie movie, Tobe Hooper's Dance of the Dead. . Releeased by Lion's Gate direct to DVD on October 14th, this looks awesome. Sort of a Shaun of the Dead meets Napolean Dynamite meets Diary of the Dead. The movie's getting great reviews and looks awesome. It's on my must see list!

Truthfully, Dance of the Dead kind of pisses me off. You see, Doctor Zombie's been asked by a Midwestern film production company to write a horror script for possible optioning. The problem is that it has some strict requirements. It has be a cast of high school students. It has to have beautiful people. It has to be about beautiful people. And it has to be PG-13. If you've read my blog for any amount of time, you know how I feel about PG-13 horror, and you know how I feel about the popular, pretty kids.

Groan.

Anyway, I'd thought about doing a zombie story (I know, I know... I'm ALWAYS thinking about the zombies...). But then I saw this and realized it was exactly what I was thinking. Crap. Back to the drawing board I guess... story of my fucking life.



And, since we're talking about ideas I had but was too lazy/unmotivated/slackerish to follow through on... I give you Mick's Jarvis Island Blog. Another grat concept, it's a blog for this engineer who gets a new job on a small research island in the South Pacific. What starts out as a blog to keep in touch with his friends turns into a first hand account of horror. The problem is he can only updated once a quarter - so the updates are few and far between. That said, the author's doing some great things; like if you email him, he sends back a reply asking for help. Brilliant work, really. Check it out!

And - if you're jonesing for some viral internet goodness - check out Lost Zombies. This is another great concept. It's a site where the premise is that the Zompacalypse has happened and you can submit videos and multimedia of your attempts to survive. it's got a "Can't Fight the Feed" vibe, although it seems to be mostly a dumping ground for poorly made videos by high school kids. It's still a great idea.

Finally - we have I Am Not Infected. This is a web series put together by a couple of improv guys and it's really, really funny. It tells the story of their attempts to survive the zombie apocalypse in LA... despite their own stupidity. Highly recommended!

That's all for now, dear readers. I'm off to start working on my Halloween preperations. There's apples that need razors inserted, and Pixie Sticks that need mixed with rat poisoning... so much to do, so little time!

Unpleasant dreams!

2 comments:

Randal Graves said...

Holy shit, Punisher looks bloody insane. I don't think I've ever seen someone take a chair leg to the eye. ;-)

fervus said...

Dude... I'm flattered that you chose my photo for your horror blog, but you should credit your photos! The handprints are mine :) At least a courtesy link or something? lol... Thanks!