Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Bizarre, Odd, and Strangely Compelling

How do I get one of these! I shiver with morbid delight when I think of how friggin' cool this is. I bet you could find one on EBay. This is just the sort of thing EBay was designed for. I know what I'm doing this weekend, let the search begin!

Another thing I thought would be great to try and find would be a Victorian Era vampire killing kit. I saw one once at the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum in Niagara Falls and knew I needed to have one. A quick internet search turned up the following information on this odd piece of antiquity (the poster had found one for auction on Gunbroker.com)...

Rare Mid to Late 19th Century Vampire Killing Kit!
The original 19th century text from the enclosing wooden box reads:
Vampire Killing Kit
The accoutrements for the destruction of the Vampire

This box contains the items considered necessary for the protection of persons who travel into certain little known countries in Easter Europe where the populace are plagued with a peculiar manifestation of evil, known as Vampires... Professor Ernst Blomberg respectfully requests that the purchaser of this kit carefully studies his book. Should evil manifestations become apparent, he is then equiped to deal with them efficiently... Professor Blomberg wishes to announce his grateful thanks to that well known gunmaker of Liege, Nicholas Plombeur, whose help in compiling of the special items, the silver bullets,etc., has been most efficient. The items enclosed are as follows...

1. An efficient pistol with its usual accoutrements
2. A quantity of bullets of the finest silver
3. Powdered flowers of garlic (one phial)
4. Flour of Brimstone (one phial)
5. Wooden stake (Oak)
6. Ivory crucifix
7. Holy Water (one phial)
8. Professer Blomberg's New Serum


How groovy is this?!? Of course, given that they have to be near impossible to find, one could perhaps make some money making them and selling them on the internet... Hmmmm... has the evil Doctor stumbled upon something here? I am always looking for filthy luchre to finance my various plots to take over the world... mayhap this would be a great way to make some money on Ebay. Let's see; I'd need to lose the gun (don't want to deal with getting an FFL); I'd need to make somewhat pure silver bullets (or paint some CCI Blazers with silver paint; come up with a nicely antique and Victorian looking case,;and figure out what the hell Dr. Bloomberg's New Serum is.
The Doctor must think about this. Ifanybody wants me, I'll be in my lair - The Theater of Terror - plotting my newest scheme.


No comments: