Thursday, February 09, 2006

Geeks and Work

Check out this member of the “There-but-but-for-the-grace-of- the-Gods-Go-I!” Club
Now this is just plain scary. I’m a geek and all, but this is a little too much. I’m sure if Mrs. Zombie left me, this would not be the way I’d go. I’d be spending my money on Absinth, Guinness, and petite goth girls immediately following her departure. After that, the stalking of Kate Beckinsale would begin… Anyway, back to Lieutenant Commander Dork and the USS Voyager Apartment; here’s his website if you want to help the poor geek out…

So I’m in the running for another Instructional Designer job. Let the stress begin! Of course I was told I’d find out next week, but there’s no telling if that’ll happen. If I don’t get this one, I’m going to have to go out, get good and drunk, and perhaps begin a small zombie apocoalypse. Not a big one, just a mild outbreak of living dead mayhem…

So last year, I lost 40 some pounds. I’ve since slacked and put some (not all, thank the pagan gods) weight back on. I’m not happy about this. Nobody likes a fat Dr. Zombie. I just can’t seem to get motivated to get back on track. I’m still eating all right, but I’ve learned that I can eat well, reduce calories, and stop drinking Guinness; but it’s all useless if I don’t work out. Getting old bites. Some good news, I am getting an exercise bike from my father in law, so I can hopefully get some cardio in at home when I’m normally sitting around, watching stuff I’ve DVR’d, and thinking about making my world famous Kraft macaroni and cheese with hot dogs and Dave’s Insanity Hot Sauce. I hate being a fat ass. Sigh. What’s worse is I’ll be starting a New Hire class next week. This means I’ll be working from 4 in the afternoon until 3am or so every night. Add on the fact that I’ve got to get up with the kids at 7:30am and get them on the bus. Even better, and to compound my impending nervous breakdown, I’ve quoted and landed a pretty big painting job. This means that, for the next 6-8 weeks, I’ll be getting about 3 hours of sleep a night – with no time or energy to workout. I will definitely be a very cranky, very fat undead genius. I guess that’s one more reason I really, really, really want to get this new job; if only to avoid this New Hire Class.

So, on that very depressing note, I’ll leave you with one request. Pray to whatever dark gods you worship that Doctor Zombie gets the new job. Otherwise, I’m not liable for the havok I may wreak in my sleep deprived, cranky state. Hey, I’ve got an Oscillating Plasma Death Ray I’ve been saving for a rainy day; and I’m not afraid to use it!

No comments: