So my friend Mich sent me one of those questionaire things. She actually does it every year. And, because I love her more than dirt, and because I spent an inordinate amount of time typing my responses, I figured I'd post it up here and refer her to my blog. So what if I'm a whore and whore myself out by constantly referring others to my dark corner of the web...
Mich's Annual Questionaire
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:45am to get the zombie kids dressed, fed, and on the bus. I’ve been sick the last few days - so once I completed my dad duties - I promptly went back to bed and slept until noon.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Umm. I’m a guy. If I had to answer I’d say onyx. It’s what my class ring was, and what Mrs. Zombie keeps saying she wants to buy me for my next ring. Black suits my soul…
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Underworld: Evolutions. With Kate Beckinsale. Mmmmm…Kate. Kate, dear sweet Kate…
4. What's your favorite TV show? Currently? The Shield and The Sopranos. And the new Battlestar Galactica. I cannot express in words how awesome this show is!
5. What did you have for breakfast this morning? A bowl of Cranberry Vanilla Bran Flakes.
6. What's your favorite cuisine? Bar food. Is that a cuisine?
7. What foods do you dislike? Chocolate. And spinach.
8. What is your favorite chip flavor? French Onion Sun Chips.
9. What's your favorite CD at the moment? New: NIN - With Teeth Old: The Cure: B Sides and Other Oddities Box Set Just Because: Ministry – Greatest Fits
10. What kind of car do you drive? 2002 Jeep Wrangler with knobby tires and a cool expedition rack.
11. Favorite sandwich? Either a homemade ham and swiss on wheat with Italian dressing and heated for thirty seconds in the microwave; or a corned beef from Cleveland’s world famous Slyman’s Deli.
12. What characteristics do you despise? Needless Optimism, In-your- face religious faith, stupidity, and passive aggressive behavior.
13. What is your favorite type of clothing? jeans and one of my endless numbers of black t-shirts.
14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
I’m going to have to copy Mich’s answers because they were so good… Whale watching in Newfoundland, Greece, and Denali National Park, Nepal.... and add London England. I love London.
15. What color is your bathroom? Beige and sage. That’ll be changing soon though. A bathroom remodel is first on Doctor Zombie’s spring honey-do list…
16. Favorite brand of clothing? I’m not really a brand kind of guy. I suppose I like Levi’s jeans, Columbia brand clothing, and Carhart Jeans and jackets. In the next few weeks I will be ordering a Utilikilt, so that‘ll be cool. Besides that, I like to shop online at Halloweentown.com because they have some great horror movie related t-shirts.
17. Where would you retire to? Probably Myrtle Beach (because they have an ocean and more seasons than Florida) or Colorado Springs CO. I went to Colorado Springs for work last year and fell in love with it. I can see myself hiking Garden of the Gods or the Front Range in my twilight years. I can think of worse ways of dying than having a coronary trying to summit Pike’s Peak in my 70’s or 80’s…
18. Favorite time of the day? After midnight, when the house is quiet and I can write with no distractions.
19. What was your most memorable birthday? Probably my 18th, because I could officially buy porn…
20. Where were you born? Cleveland, OH
21. Favorite sport to watch? Hockey. Sometimes football. I’m not a sports guy.
22. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? I’m not really forwarding it, so I don’t expect to hear from anybody.
23. Person you expect to send it back first? Ditto. See # 22…
24. What fabric detergent do you use? Odd. Mitch put Arm-n-Hammer. That’s what I use also, because it comes in a big friggin’ container from BJ’s Wholesale Club and doesn’t make me break out in a rash. (Believe it or not, the Doctor’s undead skin is very sensitive. I break out in hives if I use anything with too strong a chemical mix, dye and/or perfumes in it)
25. Were you named after anyone? Yes, I have the same name as my father. With the addition of Junior. Very uncool…
26. Do you wish on stars? No. Fate is what you make. Wishing gets you nothing. Action gets things done.
27. When did you last cry? A few weeks ago when I watched that stupid movie, Rudy. Damn you Sean Astin! And damn you Notre Dame football!
28. Do you like your handwriting? No. I have horrible, indecipherable handwriting. Thank the dark gods for keyboards…
29. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Probably not. I’m a brooding, anti-social bastard who isn’t the best at keeping in touch with those I consider my friends. I also don’t think I’m a great guy to be around when I’m drunk. I’m clumsy, slur a lot, and talk stupid shit…
30. Are you a daredevil? I was, before I got married. I still like to think of myself as one. Things I’ll do before I turn forty… a)Climb a REAL mountain, b)hunt a bear, and c)compete in a caged, full contact fight. That last one’s not likely, but a guy can dream, right?
31. Do looks matter? Not at all...unless you’re ugly. : )
32. How do you release anger? Listen to depressing goth music, workout, write.
34. What were your favorite toys as a child? My Star Wars toys. They’re still in my mom’s attic and will, someday, make me rich…
35. What class in High School was totally useless? Math. God how I despise math. Beyond the basic stuff, it’s totally useless and has no real world application unless you become a physicist or rocket scientist. Funny story – I’m a reasonably smart person. When I did my ACT’s, the scale only went to 25. I scored 24 or 25 in all areas of the ACT, except math. I got a 9 in math. A 9. Blech! I hate math…
37. Favorite movies? Too many to list. I’m a movie whore and I could never list all of my favorites. Sorry. That’s a cheap way of not answering the question, but I’m being honest.
38. What are your nicknames? D., Doctor Zombie, Coyote (long story – my dad gave it to me after I got drunk in the mountains while hunting one night. I called a pack of coyotes to within 50 yards of our campsite.), Pud.
39. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No. Not generally.
40. Do you think that you are strong? Very much so.
41. What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Vanilla or pistachio. Ice cream is my one true weakness, I could have it every day. God I love ice cream…
42. What are your favorite colors? Black, grey, and then probably dark hunter green.
43. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? See #29…
44. Who do you miss the most? Sometimes college. I loved the time I was at Bowling Green. All of my friends were there, we were all living together or close by, and life was so much easier then. I miss the hanging out, role playing, getting drunk, and taking naps in the afternoon just because. Most of all I miss my friends… Oh wait! I just realized I misread this. It wants to know WHO I miss... I would say Mich, then. The person who sent me this. I'm putting her for a couple of reasons - because I do miss talking to her because she's one of the coolest, smartest people I know, even when she's busting my balls; because she had to go and get a job in the middle of some bayou in Louisanna; and because if I make her feel guilty enough, she'll come visit me more often! : )
45. Do you want everyone you sent this to, to send it back to you? Not likely.
46. What color pants are you wearing? Blue Levi’s. Gotta love casual work wear…
47. Last thing you ate? A turkey sandwich and a bowl of split pea soup. Also about four cough drops. I told you I wasn’t feeling well…
48. Favorite song? Oooh. Another tough one. I can take a stab at this one though… How about my top 8 or 10, in no particular order?
- Secret World – Peter Gabriel
- I Burn For You – Sting
- Same Deep Water As You – The Cure
- Sober – Tool
- Blood, Milk, and Sky – Rob Zombie
- Moonlight Sonata in d-minor - Beethoven
- California Uber Alles - The Dead Kennedys
- Into the Mystic - Van Morrison
- The Carmina Burana - Karl Orff
49. If you were a CRAYON what color would you be? Black… like my soul…
50. Last person you talked to on the phone? My company’s rewards and recognitions rep.
51. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Boobs. Hey, I’m being honest here! Then I probably look at hair. I have a weakness for redheads, really like brunettes, and am helpless when faced with a black or henna red haired goth chick…
52. Favorite drink? Guinness, primarily – dark beers otherwise. Although I have been drinking a lot of wheat beer lately. I especially like this Irish wheat beer called Curim. Tasty…
53. Do you wear contacts? Nope. I have perfect, almost preternaturally so, vision.
54. Favorite day of the year? No question – Halloween. It’s in my favorite season and it is the single coolest day of the year… hands down. Second would be St. Patty’s – it’s an Irish thing…
55. Endings happy or sad? Sad. To quote Clerks, “Empire(had the better ending). I mean Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader’s his father, and Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. I mean it ends on such a down note. That’s what real life is…a series of down endings. What did Jedi have? All it had was a bunch of muppets…”
56. Winter/summer? Winter. I’ve never been able to adequately explain my sweatiness in the stifling heat of a humid Northern Ohio summer. Yech.
57. Hugs or Kisses? Kisses. Deep, passionate, soul searing kisses. At least, that’s how I used to remember them… I’m married now.
58. What is your favorite Dessert? Plain cheesecake or tiramisu.
59. What book(s) are you reading? I always have at least two or three books going at any one time. Right now, I’m reading A Magick Life by Martin Booth (about my great uncle, Aleister Crowley); Bite, by Richard Laymon (I have been on a Laymon jag lately. He writes great horror!); The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks; and I’m re-reading The Long Walk, by Slavomir Rawicz (Highly recommended!)
60. What is on your Mouse Pad? At work, Darth Vader – at home, The Three Stooges.
61. What did you watch on TV last night? CSI: Miami and I got caught up on my DVR’d Battlestar Galactica season finale.
62. Favorite smells? Vanilla, clove cigarettes, my wife’s skin.
63. Stones or Beatles? Beatles, totally. The Stones have done NOTHING good since Sympathy with the Devil and Paint it Black. The Beatles, though… the Beatles endure.
64. What's the furthest you have been from home? London England
65. What is your profession? I am a writer. At least that’s what I like to say I am. What pays the bills is that I’m a corporate trainer for the 3rd largest insurance company in the US.
66. Ever been in love? Yes. Many times
67. Ever had your heart broken? Yes. Twice. I’m sad to say that, very often, I did the heartbreaking. If there’s a hell, I’m sure I’ll go there for the way I treated women when I was younger.