Friday, October 13, 2006

Deviance and Political Insurrection

Here’s some interesting stuff I’ve been meaning to blog about, but have been unable to because of work and school and shtuff…

The first is this link I found to an article about making the case for Libertarian Democrats. I’ve said before that, although I consider myself a liberal, I do find that, idealogically, I tend to come out as a Libertarian. However, the Libertarians, in my opinion, aren’t as Liberal as I like. Yeah they talk a good talk and all, but they are still, at their core, conservatives with a knee jerk fear of the evil, commie, liberal, tree huggers. Bear in mind, I’m talking about the established, ‘official’ Libertarian party here. This author, though, makes a great argument for a political idealogy that I could get behind 100%. Just interesting reading really…

And also on the political front, this just pisses me off! Yeah, yeah, yeah… I get that it’s illegal to make threats against the President (no matter how much of a dumbfuck retard he may be), and I get that the Secret Service is charged with investigating threats against the president. But, seriously, isn’t there someone in DHS or the Secret Service smarter than a box of hammers and with operational authority to look at a Myspace account from a 14 year old girl who is posting about how dreamy Jake Gyllenhall and Ewan McGregor are and realize that she is, in fact, not any risk to Dubya? I mean, seriously? (By the way, better send the Secret Service to my door, I’d almost go gay for Ewan McGregor. It’s all about Renton from Trainspotting and Obi Wan.). I’m reading more and more about these sort of gestapo tactics from the current administration and I’ve said it before… don’t think for a minute that what you put out there on the internet is safe from Big Brother’s eyes. Despite the fact that I every time I say or write something that is politically subversive, and even if I preface said political insurrection with a disclaimer saying that I was saying it satirically, with no intention of following through with it, and that it is simply an expression of my first amendment rights; that’s no promise that goons from George W.’s personal hit squad won’t put a bullet in my head anytime soon. I obviously don’t mean what I’m typing. Really. Sigh. We’re still in America, right?

I pulled this sight off of my brother Curt’s site. I just found it pleasing and that it appealed to my geekish nature. Make sure you check it out.

I spent over an hour on this site and it is one of the best trivia games I’ve ever seen. What’s amazing is that it’s from the site for Dark M&M’s. Essentially, it’s a painting done in Middle Ages/Renaissance style and every item in the painting is a representation of ‘dark’ or horror movies. You click on the picture, type in what you think it is, and it blacks it out if you get it right. Some are obvious, others are obscure. Of course, being the horror movie freak that I am, I couldn’t shut it down until I finished it. How many can you get?

I’m jealous of Phronk! Phronk’s another blogger I’ve met and correspond with. He’s a groovy Canadian cat who’s pretty damn cool. Anyway, I’m jealous because, apparently, he’s become friends with Alan Parsons. Yes, that Alan Parsons. I’ve got to say this is really , really cool. I’m showing my age here but, back in the late 80’s and early 90’s, when I was college, I listened to tons of the Alan Parsons Project. It’s just that college thing. You know, where you start listening to obscure or ‘arty’ music because you’re in that whole intellectual, arty place college inevitably puts you in? I’ve gotta say, Alan Parsons got me laid quite a few times back in college - - and damn if Phronk’s not his buddy now. I’m jealous! (And, since I’m giving props for the limited, but decidedly freaky sex I had back in college.. I wanted to throw some additional thanks out to Peter Gabriel, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Sting, and Tori Amos. If not for you, I’d have never gotten any sex in college. Thank you!)

Another Blogger I read frequently must have gone and done something horrible and terrifying on his blogger site. Apparently, Butchie’s blog is now considered obscene by my work’s internet filters and I can’t read him while I’m supposed to be tending to the interests of one of the top three insurance companies in the US. So, whatever it is you did on your site Butchie, bravo! I’m certain it was depraved, perverted, and completely offensive to morality and humanity. I guess if I need help determining what’s gay - - I’ll just have to do it from home now…

And finally - make sure you check out Tarr and Fether's site in my list of links! They now have some streams of their shows available. Check those whacky, and yet disturbingly morbid, psychos out!

That's all for this evening, my lovely, rotting, undead minions... I'll be spending the weekend sequestered in the Theater of Terror watching old horror movies, eating Habanero Doritos, and drinking Great Lakes Brewery Nosferatu. Unpleasant dreams...

1 comment:

Butchie said...

My blog IS obscene. Somehow your I accidentally deleted your link, but I fixed it.