Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Do Not Adjust Your Dial...

Just a quick update in preparation for the upcoming Samhain!

I’m like a puppy who’s piddling on the floor with anxiety. Mrs. Zombie is none too pleased about it, but there’s always going to be some piddling around Halloween time. “Don’t worry your pretty little head,” says I. “It won’t stain… well, not as bad as the blood stains at least…”. Zombie Boy and Wolf Girl helped myself and Mrs. Zombie decorate the front yard for Halloween last weekend. We’ve got the graveyard, spider webs, coffin, various body parts, and pumpkins strewn amid the real dismembered corpses I actually have buried in the front yard. We’ve also got some awesome spooky blue flood lights set up. I’ll try and post up some pictures this week…

Mrs. Zombie and I will be visiting a haunted house this weekend and I’m really excited about that. We’ll most likely check out the one on the link I put up on Thursday. I’ll of course let you know on Monday how it was.

On the Midnight Theater of Terror front, two great movies are coming out this week that I’m really, really jazzed about. The first is the DVD release of Slither. I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am to see this flick! It was at the the theaters here for only a week or so, and as I’m too busy and too broke to go to see flicks at the theater, I often have to wait until they show up on DVD. I’ve been anticipating this one for a while. I’ll be renting it this weekend and writing a review soon…

Also, Saw III comes out. Mrs. Zombie, in deference to the spooky season, has been dying to see some horror flicks and, as she never wants to watch them any other time of the year, I do every thing I can to indulge her when the whim strikes her fancy. So, this last weekend, we watched Saw together. I’d of course seen it before, but she hadn’t and she loved it! I watched it again and realised how much I loved it. Another great movie and, hopefully, another great sequel will be found in Saw III.

Of course the DVR will be running overtime taping things on AMC Monsterfest. This is the 10th year of Monsterfest and I’ve got to give some serious thanks to AMC for doing this every year. They make Halloween awesome by playing some of the best horror movies in October. Now, if they’d only have a consistent horror movie night on Fridays or Saturdays - - like in the hey day of 70’s and 80’s horror host shows. Sigh. One can only hope…

Also, remember that the Simpson’s Treehouse of Horror is on November 5th! Check out the awesome job they’ve done with the Simpson’s site!

And, finally, this how-to has been making the rounds on the internet and I loved it because, quite simply, I’m a geek. Mrs. Zombie, Zombie Boy, and Wolf Girl will be going to get pumpkins on Saturday and I’m half tempted to try this… I can hear Mrs. Zombie sighing in exasperation already…

Good night, dear reader… I’ve got to go sharpen my instruments in preparation for the coming trick or treaters… Muuuhahaha!!!

1 comment:

Thwacko said...

Monster Fest is usually pretty good. I still have VHS tapes from the late 90's when one year they featured Universal and Hammer Movies.